Thursday, December 15, 2011

Duct Tape Truly Holds The Universe Together

A couple of evenings ago I sat down at my computer to see if I could get some ideas for "online shopping" for the grandkid's Christmas presents. After a while (and I have no idea how or why) I found myself on a page selling wallets made from duct tape.

My first thought was "you've got to be kidding me! Who would buy something like that?" but I remember that one day many years ago, I actually made a wallet made from duct tape myself and I remember that it was pretty nice! The truth is that I actually made a few of them because it seemed that everyone who saw it wanted one for themselves! They had the traditional pockets for bills and even slots for your credit cards and pictures. All in all, I was actually pretty proud of them.

Who knows why I decided to "google" duct tape wallets? In the words of all you texters...OMG! I had no idea! Actually it seems that almost anything can be made (or repaired) from duct tape (or duck tape); shoes, dresses, pants, luggage. The list is endless.

This makes me think that the people who sell us our duct tape are really missing the boat. All of their "technical literature" only relates to sealing ductwork...???

Here are a couple of amusing YouTube links about duct tape...and there are thousands out there. Enjoy!

History Channel
A commercial
Trusted Throughout History (this one may be a stretch)
And lastly, the guys who have made a career out of the tape...The Duct Tape Guys

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, duct tape is important especially for us at event planner singapore. Always many last minute emergency jobs, saved by duct tape!!

    ReplyDelete